You may have arrived at this page via a trail sign that looks something like:
Big signs with lots of words are a drag when you’re hurrying past, but there’s plenty more to say, and things can change quickly. If we were to put a long list of rules on our welcome signs, they might say (mostly common sense) things like:
- Be safe, both personally and with regard to others around you.
- Heed trail signs.
- Tread lightly; be gentle to the soil and the foliage. We have a lot of severely eroded areas to rehabilitate, and in many areas the tree cover is lacking. We want to solve old problems without creating new ones.
- Leave nature as you find it; do not collect or harvest materials.
- Pack your trash out. For bonus points pack additional trash out.
- Get written permission prior to building trails, or work directly with groups engaged in approved trail building/maintenance activities. There is ample opportunity to work on the trails, but we want the results as a whole to be cohesive, diverse, and maintainable.
- Educate others about acceptable use. Be polite, try to make friends rather than enemies.
- Report incidents of prohibited activities, abuse, vandalism, etc.
- Have fun!
Email email@example.com to report issues, discuss projects, or make general inquiries.